经典电影英文之罗马假日

经典电影英文之罗马假日
(可爱的安妮公主在访问罗马期间,厌烦繁琐的皇家生活 . 她在床上发泄不满,而伯爵夫人毫不体谅地向她汇报明天的工作议程 . )
ANN: (brushing her hair) I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too.
安妮: (梳着头发)WO讨厌这件睡袍 . WO讨厌所有的睡袍 . WO同样讨厌WO的内衣 .
COUNTESS: My dear, you have lovely things.
伯爵夫人:亲爱的,你有很多可爱的东西 .
ANN: But I\'m not two hundred years old! (Dropping down on the bed) Why can\'t I sleep in pyjamas?
安妮: 但WO可没有两百岁大!<倒在床上> 为什么WO不能穿着松睡衣睡觉?
COUNTESS: (looking up as she folds the sheets into place) Pyjamas!
伯爵夫人:<折叠着床单抬起头>松睡衣!
ANN: (Just) the top half. Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all?
安妮: 仅露出上头 . 你知道有些人裸体而睡吗?
COUNTESS: (opening the window) I rejoice to say that I did not.
伯爵夫人:<打开窗子>WO很庆幸地说,WO不知道 .
ANN: (lying against the headboard, smiling as she hears distant music coming in through the window) Listen.
安妮:<靠着床头板躺着,微笑地听着从窗外传来的音乐>听 .
COUNTESS: Oh, and your slippers. Please put on your slippers and come away at the window. Your milk and crackers.
伯爵夫人: 嗨,你的拖鞋 . 快穿上拖鞋,离开窗户 . 你的 牛奶 和饼干在这里 .
ANN: (taking the tray; as the Countess helps her pull the covers over her) Everything we do is so wholesome【有营养的】.
安妮:<拿着托盘,伯爵夫人为她取开盖子> WO们所有的一切都是有益健康的 .
COUNTESS: They\'ll help you to sleep.
伯爵夫人:它们有助睡眠 .
ANN: (stubbornly) I\'m too tired to sleep-- can\'t sleep a wink【瞬间】.
安妮:<倔强地> WO累得反而一点都睡不着 .
COUNTESS: Now my dear, if you don\'t mind tomorrow\'s schedule--or schedule whichever you prefer-- both are correct. Eight thirty, breakfast here with the Embassy staff; nine o\'clock, we leave for the Polinory Automotive Works where you\'ll be presented with a small car.
伯爵夫人:哦,亲爱的,你喜欢明天的日程安排么,或者说你喜欢哪个—两个都不错 . 八点半,和使馆人员共进早餐;九点, 参观波利若里汽车工厂,你将获赠一部小汽车 .
ANN: (disinterested; absently playing with a napkin)Thank you.
安妮:<心不在焉地玩着餐巾>谢谢 .
COUNTESS: Which you will not accept?
伯爵夫人:你会拒绝哪一个?
ANN: No, thank you.
安妮:不,谢谢 .
COUNTESS: Ten thirty-five, inspection of Food and Agricultural Organization will present you with an olive【橄榄】 tree.
伯爵夫人: 十点三十五,视察农产品组织,你会被赠上一棵橄榄树 .
ANN: No, thank you.
安妮: 不,谢谢 .
COUNTESS: Which you (will) accept?
伯爵夫人: 你答应吗?
ANN: Thank you.
安妮: 谢谢 .
COUNTESS: Ten fifty-five, the Newfoundling Home For Orphans. You will preside over the laying of the cornerstone; same speech as last Monday.
伯爵夫人: 十点五十五,到新建孤儿院 . 你将主持奠基典礼,和上次一样的演讲 .
ANN: Trade relations?
安妮: 贸易关系?
COUNTESS: Yes.
伯爵夫人: 对 .
ANN: (chewing a cracker) For the orphans?
安妮:<吃着一块饼干>为孤儿的那次?
COUNTESS: No, no, the other one.
伯爵夫人: 不,另一次 .
ANN: \"Youth and progress\".
安妮: “青少年与发展” .
COUNTESS: Precisely. Eleven forty-five, back here to rest. No, that\'s wrong... eleven forty-five, conference here with the press.
伯爵夫人: 很对,十一点四十五,回到这里休息 . 哦,搞错了,十一点四十五在这里举行记者招待会 .
ANN: \"Sweetness and decency\".
安妮: “甜美与高雅” .
COUNTESS: One o\'clock sharp, lunch with the Foreign Ministry. You will wear your white lace and carry a small bouquet of very small pink roses. Three-o-five, presentation of a plaque【匾;铭牌】. Four-ten, review special guard of Police. Four forty-five,back here to change to your uniform to meet the international...
伯爵夫人: 一点整,和外交大臣共进午餐,你将戴上你的白色项链,捧着一束粉红色的玫瑰 . 三点零五分,授匾 . 四点十分, 检阅非凡护卫队 . 四点四十五,回来换上制服接见国际……
分页标题#e#
ANN: (screaming at the Countess) STOP! (Looking away, her hair covering her face) Please stop! stop...!
安妮:<对着伯爵夫人尖叫>停下!<移开视线,头发遮脸>请停下来!别说了!
COUNTESS: (retrieving the tray) It\'s alright, dear, it didn\'t spill.
伯爵夫人:<收回托盘>做得好,亲爱的, 牛奶 没有溢出来 .
额外成就
spill 除了指液体的“溢出”外,还通常引申为消息的“泄漏、告知” .
如:You must get something in your mind, why don\'t spill it.
你一定有什么心事,为什么不告诉WO?
常与它连用的短语有:spill out ; spill the beans
一句经典谚语:It\'s no use crying over spilt milk.
不要对着打翻了的牛奶哭泣<后悔是没有用的> .
ANN: I don\'t care if it\'s spilled or not. I don\'t care if I\'m drown in it (throws her head into the pillow)!
安妮: WO不管溢不溢出来 . WO不管会不会溺死于此<她把头钻进被窝里> .
COUNTESS: (putting her hands on her shoulders to comfort her) My dear, you\'re ill. I\'ll send for Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:<把她的头放在肩上安慰她>亲爱的,你生病了,WO会叫鲍那乔文医生过来 . 分页标题#e#
ANN: (turning over, facing the opposite way) I don\'t want Doctor Bonnachoven; please let me die in peace!
安妮:<转过头,背对着她>WO不见鲍那乔文医生,让WO安静地死去吧!
COUNTESS: You\'re not dying.
伯爵夫人: 你不会死的 .
ANN: (facing the Countess) Leave me.
安妮:<看着伯爵夫人>别理WO .
额外成就
通常为leave sb. alone 意为“走开,别打搅” .
如:Don\'t try to interfere in my affairs, please leave me alone.
别试图干涉WO的事, 不要你管 . <超级口语佳句>
COUNTESS: It\'s nerves,control yourself, Ann.
伯爵夫人: 你一定是神经出了问题,镇静点,安妮 .
ANN: (throwing herself on the pillow, beating it with her fist) I don\'t want to!
安妮: <倒在枕头上,拳头乱捶> WO不要 .
COUNTESS: (standing up straight, speaking with authority) Your Highness. I\'ll get Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:<笔直站起,命令地说>公主殿下,WO去叫鲍那乔文医生 .
ANN: (looking up as she leaves) It\'s no use, I\'ll be dead before he gets here.
安妮:<抬头看着她离去> 没有用的,在他来之前,WO就会死掉 .
(安妮公主在逃出使馆后,由于药性发作,睡落街头,恰巧被经过此地的本片男主角Joe,一家晚报记者,碰见 . )
JOE: Hey! hey, hey,... Hey, wake up!
乔: 嗨!嗨……醒醒!
ANN: Thank you very much, delighted.
安妮:谢谢,真兴奋 .
JOE: Wake up.
乔: 醒醒 .
ANN: No, thank you. Charmed.
安妮:不,谢谢 . 幸会 .
额外成就
charmed 为上层社会礼节用语, 体现说话人的高贵地位 . 和一般情况下的pleased 意思一样 .
如:I\'m charmed/ pleased to meet you. 很荣幸见到你 .
JOE: Charmed too.
乔:很荣幸 .
ANN: You may sit down.
安妮:赐坐 .
JOE: I think you\'d better sit up, much too young to get picked up by the police.
乔: WO想你最好坐起来, 警察不会把你抓起来的,你太小了 .
ANN: Police?
安妮:警察?
JOE: Yep, police.
乔:是的,警—察 .
ANN: Two-fifteen and back here to change. Two forty-five...
安妮:噢,2点15分回来换装……2点45分……
JOE: You know, people who can\'t handle liquor shouldn\'t drink it.
乔: 你知道,没什么酒量的人就不该喝酒 .
ANN: \"If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice beneath the sod my heart of dust would still rejoice.\" Do you know that poem?
安妮:“哪怕WO已死去,被安葬,尘土之下的心也会为听到你的声音而欢悦 . ”
你知道这首诗吗?
JOE: Huh, what do you know? (Sitting down) You\'re well-read, well-dressed; you\'re snoozing away in a public street. Would you care to make a statement?
乔: 你知道吗?(坐下来) 你有学问,穿戴得体,却睡在大街上,你能否解释一下?
ANN: What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency in the souls of its young men and...
安妮 :这世界需要甜美与高雅重新回到年轻一代的灵魂之中……
JOE: Yeah, I er, couldn\'t agree with you more, but erm--
乔: 对,WO完全同意, 不过……
额外成就
安妮的语言和穿着充分暗示了她出自上流阶层,这些让男主人角Joe深感诧异就不足为怪了 .
couldn\'t agree with you any more. 意思是非常赞同
分页标题#e#
如 :I couldn\'t agree with you any more on the the proposal.
WO非常赞同你的提议 .
(乔听到汽车驶过来的声音,站起来,拍着她的肩膀 . )
JOE: Get yourself some coffee, you\'ll be alright. Look, you take the cab.
乔:喝杯咖啡,你就会没事的 . 看,你的车来了 .
JOE: Come on, (takes her up by the arm) climb in the cab and go home.
乔:来,<用肩膀扶起她>WO们上车回家 .
(在记者招待会上,安妮面对着来自世界各个国家和地区的记者,发现乔也在其中 . 在回答记者问的过程中,安妮意味深长地表达了对乔期望和信任 . )
MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Ladies and Gentlemen: Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions.
招待会主持:女士们,先生们, 现在你们可以向公主殿下提问 .
CHIEF OF CORRESPONDENTS: I believe at the outset, Your Highness, that I should express the pleasure of all of us at your recovery from the recent illness.
记者代表:公主殿下, 首先WO想代表全体人员对公主近期的康复表达欢欣之情 .
额外成就
经典致词, 试着把整句话脱口而出 .
at the outset 一开始,等于 at the beginning .
如 :At the outset of his career he was full of optimism but not now.
一开始他对事业布满了信心,但现在不再是这样了 .
ANN: Thank you.
安妮:谢谢!
AMERICAN CORRESPONDENT: Does Your Highness believe that Federation would be a possible solution to Europe\'s economic problems?
美国记者:公主殿下是否认为,联盟化将是解决欧洲经济问题的可行方案?
ANN: I am in favour of any measure which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe.
安妮:WO赞成一切能够促进欧洲各国之间合作的任何举措 .
额外成就
in favour of 赞同
如 :I think all the people at meeting will be in favour of your opinion.
WO想全体到会者都会赞同你的观点 .
在商务上in favour of 意思为“以——为受益人”
如 :Please open a Letter of Credit in favour of ABC company be-fore shipping.
请在装运前以ABC公司为受益人开立 信用证 .
CORRESPONDENT: And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, is the outlook for Friendship Among Nations?
记者:你认为欧洲各国关系发展前景如何?
ANN: I have every faith in it-- (pausing; turning to look at Joe) as I have faith inin relations between people. 分页标题#e#
安妮:WO对此布满信心,<停顿,转过头看向乔>就像WO对人们之间的友谊一样 .
JOE: May I say, speaking for my own press service,we believe that Your Highness\'s faith will not be unjustified.
额外成就
speak for 意思是“代表——说话” , 在此可以和in behalf of 互换 .
如:Don\'t think you are speaking for/in behalf of everyone.
你只能够代表你自己 .
乔:请答应WO,代表WO的新闻社,WO们相信公主的信心是不会判定失误的 .
ANN: (looking at Joe; smiling very slightly to him) I am so glad to hear you say it.
安妮:<微笑地看着乔>WO很兴奋听你这么说 .
CORERESPONDENTS: Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most? (Ann pauses as she looks at Joe.)
记者:公主殿下所访问过的城市中最喜欢的是哪个?(安妮停下来看着乔)
ANN: Each in its own way was...unforgettable. It would be difficult to-- Rome, by all means, Rome. I will cherish【珍惜】 my visit here, in memory, as long as I live.
安妮:每个城市都有自己的特色……令人难忘 . 很难说……罗马,无疑是罗马 . WO会珍惜这里的记忆,直到永远!
额外成就
by all means 等于 anyway 不管怎么样,当然
如 :I think she is right by all means.
不管怎么说,WO想她是对的 .

外贸工具

特别推荐