实用的英文短语

1. keep sb. in suspense 吊人胃口
A. Hey, wana know if you got the part-time job in the library? Beg me and I'll tell you.
 嘿,想知道你有没有得到那份图书馆兼职的工作吗?求我, 我就告诉你.
B. Please! Don't keep me in suspense!
拜托啦!别吊我胃口了!
2. put in a good word for sb.替某人说好话
A. While Mary and I were having lunch together today, I put in a good word for you with her.
玛丽和我今天一起吃午餐的时候,我替你跟她说了些好话.
B. Thanks a lot. So you think she might go out with me now.
多谢你了, 那你想她现在会和我约会了吗?
3. hit it off 一见如故
My husband and I hit it off right away when we first met.
我和我先生一见如故.
A. Did Eddy and you hit it off when you two just met?
艾迪和你刚见面时就很投缘吗?
B. No, actually, we hated each other at the beginning.
没有,事实上刚开始我们很讨厌对方的.
4. cram for 开始前临阵磨枪、临时抱佛脚
A. Why did you get these black eyes?
你为什么会有黑眼圈?
B. I was cramming for the midterms last night.
我昨晚为了期中考试临阵磨枪嘛!
5. be picky about 对... ...挑剔、吹毛求疵
A. The music here is terrible and so is the food!
这里的音乐很糟糕,东西也很难吃!
B. Have you noticed that you've been picky about everything the whole night?
你有无主意到,你整晚一致对每件事都很挑剔?
6. in the middle of nowhere 在不知名的地方(鸟不生蛋)
A. It's getting dark. Do you have any idea where we are now?
天就快黑了, 你知道我们现在在哪里吗?
B. I guess we're in the middle of nowhere.
我猜我们在鸟不生蛋的地方.(我也不知道)
7. in one't shoe 设身处地、将心比心
A. How could you lie to me!
你怎么能对我撒谎!
B. I'm sorry but if you could just put yourself in my shoe for a second. You were so mad...
对不起,可是如果是你呢,想想你那时是那么生气......
8. on speaking terms 吵架后合好、点头之交
Ary you on speaking terms with your neighbors?
你有何你的邻居打招呼吗?
A. I'm not going to the dinner. It will be too awkward meeting Alex.
晚上吃饭我不去了.见到艾力克斯会很尴尬.
B. I thought you two were back on speaking terms already.
我还以为你们两个已经合好了呢.
9. under one's nose 就在某人的面前、近在眼前
She had spent all her life looking for a good man, and he was right under her nose the whole time. 她一辈子都在找的好男人就一直近在眼前.
A. Did you see my glasses? Where are may glasses?
你看到我的眼镜了吗? 我的眼睛呢?
B. Aren't they just right under your nose?
不就在你的眼前吗?
10. flirt with 打情骂俏
A. Have you noticed that Jack has been flirting with the girls?
你有无注意到, 杰克一直在和那些女孩子打情骂俏?
B. He is doing that just to get Michelle jealous.
他那么做只是为了让蜜雪儿吃醋.

外贸工具

特别推荐